-

-

Follow Yung Lions

“Every wolf ‘s and lion’s howl / Raises from Hell a human soul.”

Monday, June 21, 2010

The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman

 So, Elizabeth's life kinda...sucks.  Her widowed father has remarriedand with that she has gained two step-sisters in college.  Meaning, her dad can't afford to pay for her ballet classes and she had to move to a new school.  Boo.  Then, on one magical day her history teacher refers her to a job at an unusual library.
Elizabeth gets the job and finds out that the unusual library is actually a lending library of objects, not books.  Upon arriving, Elizabeth notices that people there are very secretive, always reffering to The Grimm collection (dun-dun-dunnnnn).  Turns out the Grimm collection is where the librarians lock away powerful items straight out of the Brothers Grimm fairy tales: seven-league boots, a table that produces a feast at the blink of an eye, Snow White’s stepmother’s sinister mirror that talks in riddles.  When the magical objects start to disappear, Elizabeth embarks on a dangerous quest to catch the thief before she can be accused of the crime—or captured by the thief.  I repeat, dun dun duuunnnnnnnnnn.


I'll be blunt about this book.  I loved it!  It's a charming book about a young high school girl who learns about classic stories, friendship and even a bit of love.  I never realised there were so many Grimm brother stories so it was definatly dare I say educational.  While reading the book you never realize who the thief actually is!   Ms Shulman has created a fantastic story that I'm definetly in love with.  I'd have no problem re-reading this book again.  It's very unique (since it dosen't really have anything to do with vampires) and the main character, Elizabeth is relateable.  She's definetly very likeable, you know that character in books who is tottally simple and easy to read about and who dosen't make those stupid mistakes that so many characters do?  Yeap, that's Elizabeth.  A great character!  And honestly...I just realllly loved the book!  It was a fun adventurous read that had a bunch of quirky jokes.  Very enjoyable, very simple.  A light read.


And I remember finishing up the book and thinking Man...this would be a great Tv show.  I really hope there's gunna be a sequel because the whole story was very captavating.  It was so cute, since there were a little flakes of romance sewn into the story.  I can't really go into detail but...the book was awesome.


If you haven't guessed...this book obviously gets the moody seal of approval!
free logos


P.S the book is set to be published later in the summer, and the book will either be named The Grimm Collection, or the Grimm legacy.  


Check out Ms Polly Shulman's website here!  And you can preorder the book here and trust me, it's well worth it!  Vimala Jeevahandam at the Penguin Group in Canada for letting me review the book!

5 comments:

  1. This book looks great! It's going straight on my TBR :D Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just added this to my TBR list a couple days ago! How lucky you are to have read it! Sounds fabulous! I'm happy to have found you through the hop! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book looks great! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my site today as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been dying to read this! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this book is definitely on our TBR list and your review just caps it! Spot on!

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete

Spit it out