-

-

Follow Yung Lions

“Every wolf ‘s and lion’s howl / Raises from Hell a human soul.”

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Demon Princess: Reign check by Michelle Rowen


Nikki Donovan, Demon Princess, is back--and stuck in a love triangle that's straight out of hell!

Fresh from finding out that she is a demon princess, fighting her aunt for her life, and rescuing her father from being poisoned, Nikki Donovan is looking forward to getting back to her regular high school life. But when Rhys, the handsome king of the faery realm, decides to show up at her school as a "foreign exchange student," Nikki knows this won't be possible. Couple with this a whole host of other problems: there's a new prophecy that claims she will destroy everyone. Her conflicted feelings for Rhys and her boyfriend, Michael, are getting in the way of their relationship. Her best friend Melinda just might be a demon-slayer-in-training, and her old crush Chris might know of her demon side. Throw in a field trip to none other than Hell itself … and Nikki's going to be hoping for a rain check on more than just her homework!

DUN DUN DUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Sorry, I just had to go there ;)  Anyways, so.  The genius I am, was able to just jump into the series without having the pleasure of reading the first one.  I'm a trooper, what can I say.  Anyways, Nikki is the simple book character who dosen't have to much baggage (except for being the demon princess and all...but No big deal!) except for her forbidden romance with Micheal.  Anybody who knows me, or consistantly read this blog would know that I love me a forbidden romance.  Don't know why though..?!?!?

Then King Rhys comes trotting along all high and mighty (but tottally flirtacious with our girl Nikki) declaring he would be staying to keep an eye on Nikki because there seems to be some huge prohecy about her.  Oh Lord, it's getting warmer.

THEN we find out more stuff that I can't say because it will spoil the book for you and then we find out more spoil-alert needed info.  And well, you get the point right?  So basically, Nikki's life is in shambles.  But Nikki is tottally fierce and ready to handle it equipped with her thorns, tail and all. 

The book was a pretty light read, definetly enjoyable.  Nikki has a sarcastic sense of humour that we can all apreciate but I can't help but feel that I've seen this storyline somewhere else.  Or maybe it's just deja vu.  You never know.  While reading the book, I definetly felt a team Rhys and team Micheal thing going on.  But I'm undecided for now.

The thing is, there is so much stuff that was going on in the book.  It was kind of like a bunch of bubbles in the air and each one of them popped.  But there were never any long term solutions.  Which is why there needs to be a third installment!  PLEASE!

The books wasn't too memorable, although it's growing on me.  Yes as I type.  If there were a third book, or the second book was longer (and had a better cover, Im just sayin...) there would probably be more of a fan base and I would be a bit more obsessed with it.  The series could go on to win hearts of (hmm what would be fitting to say?) YA freaks!

But for now, the book gets the Moody Stamp of Approval!
free logos

Try and convince Michelle Rowen to write a third book on her site---> http://www.michellerowen.com/

5 comments:

  1. Good review. I find that a lot of the books I have fun with are not overly memorable. The memorable ones are the more serious, powerful books that are special but not always...fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, found you through the hop. I just happened to see this book at Borders when I was there yesterday. They are having a huge sale. Alas, did not pick it up but enjoyed your review!

    Have a great weekend, Bonnie
    www.theliterarygato.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just discovered your blog through Book Hop. Love your reviews. I'm a new follower. I will be backkkkkkkk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I've been following your blog for quiet some time,only got around to actually Oficially following just now, but i think this is an awesome blog!!I've also started my own book review blog and its called---

    http://www.blossombookreviews.blogspot.com

    check it out!! I also got the same book, the demon princess, or watever, my review is a little bit more harsh, but nevertheless, go check it out!!!!!

    Anyways, i just wanted to say, i love ur blog, and it always brings a smile to my face!! ( even though theres a creepy header!! LOLZ!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this series! Michelle is writing a third book and self publishing it!!! Also a fourth book! Very fan dedicated which I respect greatly!

    ReplyDelete

Spit it out