-

-

Follow Yung Lions

“Every wolf ‘s and lion’s howl / Raises from Hell a human soul.”

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Last Sacrifice: THE LAST VA BOOK, WAIIIN.

The astonishing final novel in Richelle Mead's epic series Murder. Love. Jealousy. And the ultimate sacrifice. Now, with Rose on trial for her life and Lissa first in line for the Royal Throne, nothing will ever be the same between them

Sure, you might think that Vampire are so played out these days, and I agree.  But like I've said to everybody who asks me about these books, despite the name, Vampire Academy is not a vampire book.  It's so much better.

I started reading these books in the 8th grade and have been hooked eversince.  Vampire Academy has always been one of my favorite books, and after completing Last Sacrifice, the final novel, this hasn't changed.  Richelle Mead delivered the same great plot sprinkled with twists and turns and the same lovable and relatable characters.

*Do not read if you haven't completed Spirit Bound

It all comes down to now.
Murder. Love. Jealousy. And the ultimate sacrifice.
The Queen is dead and the Moroi world will never be the same. Now, with Rose awaiting wrongful execution and Lissa in a deadly struggle for the royal throne, the girls find themselves forced to rely upon enemies and to question those they thought they could trust...
But what if true freedom means sacrificing the most important thing of all?
Each other.

So the book picks up a little while after Rose's trial.  Things are looking pretty craptastic for Rose and pretty much anyone who cares about her.  I started thinking that the book was just going to end up being Rose in a jail cell, watching Lisa through the bond.  But I should've had more faith in Richelle Mead, she gave us a heart pounding, sleep depriving, squeel enducing page turning novel.

Finnally, Dimitri was rebooted, awakened, whatever you wanna call it, and he actually TALKS TO ROSE.  I know, thank the Lord.  Things progress throughout the novel very nicely, someties slow, but nice and steady.  We meet people we never excpected to meet, people we weren't to happy to see and people who we love as Rose and gang try to figure out who Lisa's possible sibling is (trust me, it's goood) and of course, who murdered queen Tatiana.  Rose also makes the most important decision of her life, concerning her love life that is.

Richelle Mead took care of a few of the questions we had been asking ourselves throughout the series, but some of them were never answered. " I got lots of questions/comments from people along the lines of "You never told us what happened to so-and-so" and "Why did you just leave that person hanging?" Don't worry, I wouldn't abandon you guys like that! Rose's main plot lines were wrapped up in LS, but lots of threads were left hanging--for a reason. Things left unanswered were done so to set the stage for Bloodlines. So, hang in there! Answers are coming." Richelle Mead says, thank God because I would have been pissed!

Speaking of Bloodlines, "Bloodlines is the spin-off series to Vampire Academy (it's the name of the first book and of the series). It's set in the VA world but will be about different characters: Sydney (our narrator), Jill, Eddie, and one of the love interests from VA. I'm not saying who that last guy is, but it's mostly to protect those who haven't read Last Sacrifice. If you have read it, then it should be pretty obvious who the other character is."

I was actually really hoping the spin off series would have something to do with Dimitri's family back in Siberia (has anyone told them about him being alive and all?) or more focus on Eddie.  But whatever, I'll take whatever I can get.  I was really happy when I heard there would be a spin off series but I am incredubly sad that Rose's story is over.  I'd really like a novela where Rose and Dimitri travel to Siberia :3

Bloodlines will be available August 31 2011, I know, kill me.  The Vampire Academy graphic novel will also be available in August.

I'm giving the whole Vampire Academy series the PLATINUM Moody Seal of Approval, because every single book in the series has never ceased to amaze its readers, and sure as hell, myself.

Here is Richelle Mead's website and here is the official countdown page

logos

1 comment:

Spit it out