-

-

Follow Yung Lions

“Every wolf ‘s and lion’s howl / Raises from Hell a human soul.”

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Simone Elkeles' Perfect chemistry

From what I alredy knew about this book I was excpecting it to be super cheesy.  But it escaped, uncheesed.  Alex Fuentes is the average gang guy from all the movies.  He is in an unfortunate situation, is smart, good looking and looks out for his family blah blah blah.  And Brittany is the cheerleading blonde.  She has the perfect life on the outside but on the inside she is a meltdown waiting to happen (Hmm...where have I seen that before?) but her parents' rocky relationship isn't the only missplaced hair on her perfect coiffure.  She also has a mentally disabled sister, Shelly.  So at least you know there is some character depth.  And a bonus, every chapter has a different point of view, it goes back and forth from Brittany to Alex.

Once these two cross pathes their lives change forever.  Alex gets Brittany to stand up to her parents and Britany, gets Alex to reevaluate his situation in the gang.  Alex is a smart guy who could really do a lot with his life but he is tied down to where he is by his gang.  But everything in the book changes once they fall in love.  Their love is actually kind of sincere, they have...passion!  And you can't help but love Alex.  Anyways, this book isn't too bad.  I liked it.  It was a cute romance with a little twist at the end and a lot of comedic relief.  The second book comes out next year if I am not mistaken.  Although the plot was cliche, the writing was not.  Go on and read the book, it has a moody seal of approovement!

*Sigh, although the book was not cheesy, the trailer is!  Behold!  (by the way the book is not that...cheesy/cliche.  Trust me)

6 comments:

  1. I loved this book soo much! Whenever I tell people that one of my favourite books is called 'Perfect Chemistry', they're like, 'wow, that sounds to lovey-dovey and cheesy for words.' and I'm like, 'uh no, it's so awesome and it's actually pretty intense.'
    I must say though, that I couldn't even bear to watch the video after I saw the first like 5 seconds, because I'm scared it's gonna ruin my image of the book.
    If you're reading this comment and you haven't read the book, you definitely should!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this bookwas so amazing..my boyfriend bought it for me and i absolutly loved it...Basic Summary
    Brittany Ellis is a north sider and head cheerleader at Fairfield High School Alex Fuentes is a south sider and he is a memeber of the gang called Latino Bloods.
    Alex and Brittany dislike each other and they find out they are in the same chemistry class and that they are chemistry partners.
    One day Alex and one of his friends made a bet that if Alex could not sleep with Brittany by Thanksgiving he would have to give his friend his motorcycle. At first, Alex was losing the bet because Brittany would not even look at him.

    As the book goes on Alex comes up with ways to make her fall in love with him and they work. The only thing is that Alex finds himself falling in love with her too. Alex at first thought Brittany had this perfect life but he finds out that just the act she puts on at school.
    At home, Brittany has to deal with her crazy mom, who wants Brittany to be perfect, her dad, who is never really home and when he is at home it is like he is still at work, and her older sister, who is disable and the only person who Brittany thinks understand her.
    Towards the end of the book, Brittany see what it is like on the south side, where Alex lives, what he life is like, and why he is in a gang, which is to protect his family. At the end...
    you have to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds so amazing, and my best friend has praised it all the way to the stars and back again, so I can’t wait till they deliver it in front of my door in less than five days.
    I’m gonna rip the package open and I won’t do anything but read until I’ve turned the last page.
    I really love your detailed and yet excellent reviews, which are by far the most interesting I’ve stumbled upon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds so amazing, and my best friend has praised it all the way to the stars and back again, so I can’t wait till they deliver it in front of my door in less than five days.
    I’m gonna rip the package open and I won’t do anything but read until I’ve turned the last page. I really love your detailed and yet excellent reviews, which are by far the most interesting I’ve stumbled upon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this book is awesome! i love, love, love it! more than twilight!! it would be soooo cool if there was a sequel about alex and brittany in college. maybe some action happens. i love this book!!!

    ReplyDelete

Spit it out