-

-

Follow Yung Lions

“Every wolf ‘s and lion’s howl / Raises from Hell a human soul.”

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Passing Strange by Daniel Waters

Karen DeSonne is used to pretending to be something she's not. All her life, she's passed as a normal all-American teenager; with her friends, with her family, and at school. Passing cost her the love of her life. And now that Karen's dead, she's still passing - this time, as alive.

Meanwhile, Karen's dead friends have been fingered in a high-profile murder, causing a new round of anti-zombie regulations that have forced nearly all of Oakvale's undead into hiding. Karen soon learns that the "murder" was a hoax, staged by Pete Martinsburg and his bioist zealots. Obtaining enough evidence to expose the fraud and prove her friends' innocence means doing the unthinkable: betraying her love by becoming Pete's girlfriend. Karen's only hope is that the enemy never realizes who she really is - because the consequences would be even worse than death.

It's really hard to review this book without giving away to much *bites lip.  But seriously, I liked the book.  The book was in Karen's perspective, which I didn't really expect since I didn't see her as an important character in Kiss of Life.  But then, when I started reading PS I really enjoyed being in her head.  And well...there was something I didn't excpect to happen that well...happen.  Actually, there were a bunch of those twists.

Most of the book revolved around Karen, she isn't really the type of character you can hate because she's pretty neutral.  So any fan of the series can read this one.  We get to know more about her and why she ended her life - her non zombie life that is- and a few other details you would never imagine about her.  But we also get to know a bit more about Pete, oh Pete.  The guy who I loathed in Kiss of Life.  Seriously, I wanted to end both of his lives.  Living and Zombie.  

But yeah, back to Pete.  We get into his mind and figure out why he does all of the RUDE things he does (douche...).  This book was really about finding out about characters.

I actually really liked the ending...a lot.  It was cute :)
I won't go into further detail or else I will go all bitchy fan girl and spoil the whole book for you.  I don't think you want that to happen, riiiiigghhhhtttt?

Anyways, overall it was a good book.  Definetly not the  type of book I will always remember and recommend to friends (but if it comes to mind, I would) but it's worth a read.

Moody Teenager stamp of approval?  Check!

Get to know more about your favorite wannabe zombie, Daniel Waters here http://watersdan.blogspot.com/

free logos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spit it out