-

-

Follow Yung Lions

“Every wolf ‘s and lion’s howl / Raises from Hell a human soul.”

Friday, December 24, 2010

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything— including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?

I'm sure that most of you have if not lusted after the book at least heard about it.  Before Nightshade was even published, the buzz surrounding it was pretty fierce.  So did it live up to the hype?  In my eyes it sure did.  Nightshade is one of the best books I've read in 2010, because everything about it was so good.  Of course, you might be thinking that these wolfy supernatural books are everywhere in the book world but Nightsade was refreshingly different!


For one, the protagonist, Calla is just awesome.  She is one of those book characters that you wont hate, the decisions she makes not only for herself, but for her pack are decisions you would okay.  She is a determined, independant heroine who is her own person.  As a character, she is very likeable.  And honestly, so is pretty much almost everyone in the book except for...well....the baddies.  The secondary characters don't dissapoint either, Bryn, is a great best friend to Calla.  She isn't annoying or overexposed in the book either.  To be honest, I didn't like Shay as much as I should have.  He seemed abit wimpy in my eyes, of course I liked him but I didn't LOVE him.  Sometimes I was leaning a bit more towards Ren because Shay didn't appeal to me as much as Ren.  But all in all, I was happy with the way it went.  Guys, this is the kind of book that you change your sleeping scheduele for.  Thank God I didn't have school the next day!


The plot is great, I love me a forbidden romance and the book is very fast paced, I didn't even realize I was pretty much done the book until I reached the thank you page.  But the supposed shocker near the end of the book was kind of obvious, I was just waiting for it to happen. 

I'm pretty sure the Nightshade books are just pages away from taking over the YA book world.  It was a fun and easy read, and I just can't wait for the sequel, Wolfsbane.  It should be appearing in a book store near you sometime in Fall 2011. 

I loved Nightshade, if you loved books like Hush Hush and Shiver, this one is for you.  I'll be giving Nightshade the GOLD Moody seal of approval! 

http://www.andreacremer.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spit it out