-

-

Follow Yung Lions

“Every wolf ‘s and lion’s howl / Raises from Hell a human soul.”

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Anna And The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins.

Anna was looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris—until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all . . . including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss? Stephanie Perkins keeps the romantic tension crackling and the attraction high in a debut guaranteed to make toes tingle and hearts melt.


You don't understand the love I have for Paris. (I love Europe and everything about France).

You don't understand the love I have for boarding school love stories.

You don't understand the love I have for British guys.

You don't understand the love I have for his book.

I could just gush, and become an instant fangirl if I were to discuss this book (which is what I'm about to do right now...).  This book was *sigh* everything a girl could dream of.  The beautiful city, the beautiful boy, everything you need right there.

Although Anna was pissed about being shipped to Paris for school, I couldn't come to resent her for it.  Personally, I would have been doing backflips and screaming for joy - but that's a different story.  If it had been another book I probably would have called her a brat for complaining but all of Anna's reasons were all justified and understandable.  There wasn't a point in the book where I decided  hated Anna for doing something stupid or irrelevant, because I related with everything she did.  For once.

Although I know over 3 guys named Etienne, Etienne St. Clair was the only Etienne I could picture.  He was perfectly imperfect and I loved reading about him!  

In school, I never speak French!  I hate it, and that may be because Canadian French is influenced by Quebec French (no offence but....uhh), but because of this book I saw the beauty in my language and I'm sort of beginning to love it.

Stephanie Perkins novels have instantly moved into my wish list.  I want to read them all now.  She did a great job with this fantastic novel.  

Anna and The French Kiss instantly fueled by yearning for YA romance as well as going to Paris.  Clearly, I have a really sweet spot for books about Paris as well as Ya Romance.  It's definitely a genre of books I'm going to have to investigate a lot more. 

Anna and The French Kiss will be getting the Premium Moody Seal of Approval. It's a gem in the YA romance world.

Visit Stephanie Perkins here.  Maybe even pick yourself up a copy of Anna And The French Kiss...or seven!

P.S (time to gush) I loved loved loved this book it was so urghhhh sooooo gooodddd.  It was like an amazing latte!  Just read!  I have a pit in the middle of...well somewhere in my upper body when I think of Anna and The French Kiss!  I have so much love for this book.

7 comments:

  1. LOL that last paragraph (the PS) is totally how I feel. Hehe. Glad you liked it too! And I can't wait for the 2 "companion" novels. (Apparently they are very loosely tied to ANNA.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Newest Follower and cute blog and awesome review :) I love europe and Anna and the French kiss. I made one of my friends read this book and she was like in 5 yrs i'm going to marry someone like Etienne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED this book too!! I also had a hard time not being a gushing fangirl when I reviewed it... because it was THAT amazing :) Great review!!
    - Alyssa at Redhead Heroines

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is AMAZINNG!!! Just finished it yesterday and I feel exactly the same way. ST CLAIR<333

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna and the French Kiss is a phenomenal read. It is one of those books that draw you into the plot and it feels like you are actually there. The characters are very easy to connect to because they are teenagers who are very much human. By giving the characters faults and human qualities, Perkins makes the characters come alive! The plot was easy to follow with a few surprises here and there. Anna is the one that I could connect to the most.

    ReplyDelete

Spit it out